Root Canal Fillings can Cause Serious Side Effects
By Dr. George Meining,D.D.S.,
*Dental Research Specialist Dr. Weston Price, after observing many patients with crippling degenerative diseases not responding to treatment,suspected infected root canal-filled teeth to be the cause.
* Dr. Price devised a testing method which disclosed the presence of infection in a tooth which otherwise seemed to be healthy-that is,implanting of the root filled tooth under the skin of a laboratory animal.
He found, in almost every case, that when the root-filled tooth of a patient with a degenerative disease was extracted and imbedded in an animal, that animal would develop the patient's disease.
* In the beginning, Dr. Price did not know just where the infection was hiding in the tooth, only that a patient's illness was rapidly transferred from his root-filled tooth to laboratory animals in case after case.
* Dr. Price later able to culture the bacteria in root-filled teeth and trap their toxins, reproducing a disease in a rabbit by injecting the cultured material into the animal.
* Dr. Price discovered a wide variety of degenerative disease to be transferable to rabbits, such as endocarditis and other heart diseases, kidney and bladder diseases,arthritis,rheumatism, mental diseases, lung problems, pregrancy complications,almost any degenerative problem - and after extraction of these teeth,a large percentage of patients recovered from their illnesses.
* When sound, uninfected natural teeth or other sterile objects were implanted in animals, no adverse health effects were experienced.
* Why this important research was forced underground, and has remained virtually unknown since its 1923 publication, will be covered in later chapters.